Yolo County Manager of Operations & Strategy
(Public Information Officer)
625 Court Street, Room 202
Woodland, CA 95695
Phone: (530) 666-8042
FAX: (530) 669-4029
Feed Your Mind, Feed Your Neighbor
(Woodland, CA) – The Yolo County Library will again partner with the Yolo Food Bank to provide food for the hungry during the library’s popular summer reading program, beginning now and running through August 16. Last year, patrons of the Yolo County Library donated over 1,800 pounds of food. This year, the goal is 2,000 pounds. Look for the Yolo Food Bank collection bins at any of the following Yolo County Library branch locations this summer:
• Arthur F. Turner Community Library, 1212 Merkley Avenue, West Sacramento
• Clarksburg Branch Library, 52915 Netherlands Avenue, Clarksburg
• Esparto Regional Library, 17065 Yolo Avenue, Esparto
• Knights Landing Branch Library, 42351 3rd Street, Knights Landing
• Mary L. Stephens Davis Branch Library, 315 E. 14th Street, Davis
• South Davis Montgomery Satellite, 1441 Danbury Street, Davis
• Winters Community Library, 708 Railroad Avenue, Winters
• Yolo Branch Library, 37750 Sacramento Street, Yolo
• Yolo County Library Administration, 226 Buckeye Street, Woodland
One in six Yolo County residents (16.9%) are food insecure, meaning they do not know from where their next meal will come. Summer is a time of great need for the Yolo Food Bank as food donations typically drop off despite an increase in demand. Donated food is boxed by volunteers and given out to an average of 820 households at 11 locations through the Yolo Food Bank’s Rural Food Delivery program.
Annually, the Food Bank distributes more than three million pounds of food, reaching an average of 23,000 people per month. Donations of non-perishable food are welcomed. The items most needed include peanut butter, cereal, pasta, dried beans, fruit juice and shelf-stable milk, as well as canned tuna, fruits and vegetables. Donations of food with healthy characteristics such as 100% fruit juice, low-sodium and whole grains are especially welcomed.
For more information about the Yolo County Library, visit: www.yolocountylibrary.org, or connect with the Yolo County Library on Facebook at www.facebook.com/yolocountylibrary.org.