In-Home Supportive Services


In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) is a federal, state and locally funded program providing assistance to those eligible aged, blind or disabled individuals who are unable to remain safely in their own homes without this assistance.  IHSS provides services according to the client's ability to perform daily activities, and can include feeding, bathing, dressing, housekeeping, laundry, shopping, meal preparation and clean-up, respiration, bowel and bladder care, moving in and out of bed, rubbing the skin (to prevent skin breakdown), accompaniment to medical appointments, paramedical services and protective supervision.

Eligibility: You must be on Medi-Cal, blind, disabled or 65 years of age or older, AND unable to live at home safely without help. 
If you are not on Medi-Cal, but think you might be eligible for IHSS, you may still apply. 

A Public Assistance Specialist will be assigned to your case and will let you know what documentation is needed so that a Medi-Cal determination can be made.  If the determination finds that you are eligible for Medi-Cal, the next step in the application process is a home visit from an IHSS Social Worker.

To speak to a Public Assistance Specialist call or visit:

Adult Protective Services
25 N. Cottonwood Street
Woodland, CA 95695
(530) 661-2750

The Public Authority (PA) is a public agency whose purpose is to improve In-Home Supportive Services, and does so primarily by operating a registry to help elderly and disabled consumers find quality providers of homecare services. The registry provides referral lists of trained providers of personal care or household assistance services who have been recruited and screened by registry staff. The screening process involves conducting interviews, checking references and conducting criminal background checks as well as drug and alcohol tests. The PA also provides consumer and provider training, and negotiates for wages and benefits for Yolo County providers.

To report IHSS fraud, please call (530)661-2955 or (916) 375-6200 ext. 2955