Jill Cook, MS, RN, PHN
Strategic Plan - ADMH
Strategic Plan - Public Health
Connie Caldwell, MD
Mental Health Director and
Mission: To provide high quality, culturally competent services and supports that enhance recovery from substance use disorders, serious mental illness and serious emotional disturbance.
Vision: To promote the overall well being, recovery and health of individuals and families in our community
We value a culture of quality in which we:
- Emphasize recovery & wellness, with the goal of maintaining the people we serve in the least restrictive environment;
- Utilize strength-based approaches that promote hope and recovery;
- Encourage community inclusion, partnership and collaboration;
- Provide services that are holistic and person and family directed;
- Develop a well-trained, diverse and culturally competent workforce including consumers and family members;
- Incorporate trauma informed services into our continuum of care;
- Are trusted to provide partnership and transparency with contractors, families and our community;
- Provide services that are evidence based and annovative, responsive and proactive; and
- Make fiscally responsible and accountable decisions
Public Health Vision, Mission, & Values
Vision: To enhance the quality of life for all in Yolo County.
Mission: The Yolo County Health Department promotes health and wellness, prevents disease and injury, and protects people and the environment.
Culture of Quality
- Value and promote the mission of public health.
- Serve the entire community with compassion.
- Contribute to the economic vitality and health equity in the community.
- Foster partnerships throughout the community to integrate and enhance health services.
- Engage our community as Ambassadors of the County and Department.
- Provide Service that is evidence based and innovative, responsive and proactive.
- Make fiscally responsible and accountable decisions.
- Work in a professional, productive and positive environment; proud of the difference we make each day.
Core Public Health Functions
- Policy Development
10 Essential Public Health Services
- Monitor health status to identify community health problems.
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community.
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues.
- Mobilize community partnerships to identify and solve health problems.
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
- Enforce laws and regulations that project health and ensure safety.
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable.
- Assure a competent public health and personal healthcare workforce.
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services.
- Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems.