Jill Cook, MS, RN, PHN
Connie Caldwell, MD
Vision: To enhance the quality of life for all in Yolo County.
Mission: The Yolo County Health Department promotes health and wellness, prevents disease and injury, and protects people and the environment.
Culture of Quality
- Value and promote the mission of public health.
- Serve the entire community with compassion.
- Contribute to the economic vitality and health equity in the community.
- Foster partnerships throughout the community to integrate and enhance health services.
- Engage our community as Ambassadors of the County and Department.
- Provide Service that is evidence based and innovative, responsive and proactive.
- Make fiscally responsible and accountable decisions.
- Work in a professional, productive and positive environment; proud of the difference we make each day.
Core Public Health Functions
- Policy Development
10 Essential Public Health Services
- Monitor health status to identify community health problems.
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community.
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues.
- Mobilize community partnerships to identify and solve health problems.
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
- Enforce laws and regulations that project health and ensure safety.
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable.
- Assure a competent public health and personal healthcare workforce.
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services.
- Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems.