Yolo County Manager of Public Affairs
625 Court Street, Room 204
Woodland, CA 95695
Phone: (530) 666-8042
FAX: (530) 669-4029
Davis Library Parcel Tax Exemption Deadline June 2, 2014
(Woodland, CA) – The deadline to file for an exemption from the Davis special library parcel tax is June 2, 2014. Exemptions to the special tax are granted for the following:
1. Property zoned and used for agriculture and not containing a residence.
2. Property which is not buildable or developable because of some reasonably permanent incapacity. This contemplates odd parcels or pieces which for historic or other reasons have not been merged into adjacent parcels, but which, because of size or other reasonably permanent disability, do not or cannot comprise a separate building site.
3. Property owned and occupied by persons of low income. “Persons of low income” shall mean property owner/occupants where total household income is less than 200% (double) the annual Poverty Guideline for a Family of Four, as published by the Department of Health and Human Services, for the year in which the proof is submitted. For 2013 that amount is $47,100.
A separate exemption must be completed for each parcel on which an exemption is requested. The special library parcel tax is earmarked for the expansion of the current facilities and services of the Davis Branch Library. The library parcel tax for fiscal year 2014-15 is $99.10 for a single family residence, and $49.55 per unit for a multi-family residence.
Exemption forms are available at:
• Davis Branch Library, 315 E. 14th Street, Davis, CA 95616
• Davis Senior Citizens Center, 646 A Street, Davis, CA 95616
• Yolo County Library Central Services, 226 Buckeye Street, Woodland, CA 95695
Questions should be directed to the Library’s consultant: SCI Consulting Group, (707) 430-4300, attention: Angela Pagtalonia.