Yolo County Manager of Operations & Strategy
(Public Information Officer)
625 Court Street, Room 202
Woodland, CA 95695
Phone: (530) 666-8042
FAX: (530) 669-4029
Grant Funds Offer Free Tire Disposal at the Yolo County Landfill
(Woodland, CA) – Over 15 tons of tires have already been recycled through a CalRecycle Tire Amnesty grant that was awarded to the Yolo County Division of Integrated Waste Management. Since funding is still available, now through the end of March, all Yolo County residents are being offered free tire recycling at the Yolo County Central Landfill for up to nine tires per household, farm or ranch. Coupons are being sent in the mail and utility bills, and can also be found for downloading on Yolo County city websites. A valid driver’s license or utility bill verifying Yolo County residency will be checked upon arrival at the landfill, located at 44090 County Road 28H at Road 104, and a coupon must be presented at that time for free disposal.
Things to remember when participating in this free tire recycling event:
- There is a limit of nine tires per residential address. If more than nine tires are brought in, each additional tire will be charged at the current gate rate for tire disposal.
- No business generated tires will be accepted.
- Tires that will be accepted include all passenger car, truck and tractor tires with or without rims and that are air filled with no solid areas.
- Tires that cannot be accepted include heavy equipment tires, tires with a diameter greater than 60 inches and tire bins full of tires.
- Please note that if you haul more than nine tires, the county is required to report you to the state as an unregistered tire hauler per Department of Transportation regulations.
The landfill is open seven days a week, Monday through Saturday, 6:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Sundays, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to receive tires for recycling. For more information on restrictions, contact Pam Hedrick, Yolo County Recycling Coordinator at (530) 666-8856.