Each request for an authorized certified copy of a birth record must be submitted on an official application (ENGLISH )(SPANISH). If the application is incomplete it will be returned to you to complete and resubmit. The birth records held in the Yolo County Clerk/Recorder's Office begin in the year 1878.
Only authorized individuals may receive a certified copy of a birth record. Those persons who are not authorized by law may request a certificate marked "INFORMATIONAL, NOT A VALID DOCUMENT TO ESTABLISH IDENTITY".
If applying for an "Informational" copy, complete the application page only. You are not required to sign under the sworn statement nor have the application notarized.
The Law Describes Authorized Individuals As:
• The registrant or a parent or legal guardian of the registrant.
• A party entitled to receive the record as a result of a court order, or an attorney or a licensed adoption agency seeking the birth record in order to comply with the requirements of Section 3140 or 7603 of the Family Code.
• A member of a law enforcement agency or a representative of another governmental agency, as provided by law, who is conducting official business.
• A child, grandparent, grandchild, sibling, spouse, or domestic partner of the registrant.
• An attorney representing the registrant or the registrant’s estate, or any person or agency empowered by statute or appointed by a court to act on behalf of the registrant or the registrant’s estate.
• Any agent or employee of a funeral establishment acting within the scope of employment who orders certified copies of a death certificate on behalf of any individual specific in paragraphs (1) to (5), inclusive, of subdivision (a) of Family Code Section 7100.
Authorized applicants are required to read the statement and sign it.
If the request for an authorized certified birth certificate is mailed or faxed, the Certificate of Acknowledgement must be notarized.
Along With Your Application:
- Fee in the form of a check or money order made payable to the Yolo County Clerk/Recorder or the Credit Card Charge Form
- Daytime phone number
- Self Addressed Stamped Envelope for return mailing or pay the "In Lieu of Self Addressed Stamped Envelope" fee of $1.00.
Item Fee Copy of Birth Record $25.00 Copy of Birth Record for Government Agency $19.00 In Lieu of Self Addressed Stamped Envelope (SASE) $1.00
Copy of Birth Record
Copy of Birth Record for Government Agency
In Lieu of Self Addressed Stamped Envelope (SASE)
Click Here For Payment Methods