How can I change the way I receive notices from the library?
There are 3 ways we can send notices: via email, telephone or by postal mail. Notices via email or postal mail include the titles of the items involved, while for privacy issues, telephone notices are very general.
- Let your local branch staff know your notice preference type when you are at the branch.
If we are unable to contact you through either email or telephone then a printed notice will be sent.
I've lost my library card- What do I do?Answer: A library card is a lot like a credit card. It allows you to use library materials and holds you liable for lost and overdue materials. If you lose your library card call or come in to any Yolo County Library branch immediately and staff will void your lost library card number and issue you a new card. There is a nominal replacement cost.
I have a new email address-how can I add that to my record?
- Go to My Account at http://web-iii.yolocounty.org/patroninfo
- Access your account online by entering your card number and PIN then you can change your email address.
- Click on the PATRON RECORD button located at the top of the screen.
- Then click on the MODIFY PERSONAL INFO button located near your name.
- A smaller MODIFY PERSONAL INFORMATION window will appear where you can enter your new email address and
- Then click on the SUBMIT button.
I've forgotten my Library PIN- what do I do?
Answer: Your PIN is encrypted information so if you have forgotten it the staff will be unable to look it up for you. To get a new PIN either:
- Call or come in to your nearest branch and ask a circulation staff member to delete the old one and then you can assign a new one.
- On the Yolo County online catalog webpage http://web-iii.yolocounty.org/patroninfo click on the Forget your PIN? button and enter your barcode number. An email will be automatically sent to the email given in your library account. This email will ask you to respond within a 3 hour time period and enter a new PIN.
What is a Library PIN and how do I get one?Answer: A PIN is a personal identification number that is the equivalent to a password for accessing your online record. You can assign yourself a PIN via the online catalog at http://web-iii.yolocounty.org by clicking on the MY ACCOUNT button on the main page of the Yolo County Library catalog. This button is located in the upper right hand corner of the page. When you click on it a My ACCOUNT Login page will appear. Enter your library card number and then enter the PIN you want to assign yourself. This can be an alphanumeric combination and can also include special characters such as !, /, &. Click on the Submit button. The system will respond back with a Please Enter A New PIN screen. It will already have your card number entered and ask you to enter and then confirm your new PIN.