Power Outage

Print
Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Power cuts can occur due to rolling blackouts, extreme weather conditions, or can accompany other disasters such as earthquakes. If there is no power in your neighborhood:

  • Turn off and unplug appliances and computers. Leave one light on to indicate when power has been restored.
  • Avoid using candles, as they are fire hazards.
  • Do not use a gas stove for heating or operate generators indoors (including the garage.) Both could cause carbon monoxide poisoning.
  • If a traffic signal is not working, treat it as a stop sign.

PG&E: (800) 743-5000 or www.pge.com