What do I do if I disagree with an action taken by the Health and Human Services Agency on my CalFresh case?You have the right to appeal any decision made by the county including how your benefits were computed and any action to discontinue your benefits. Instructions for filing an appeal can be found on the back of any Notice of Action, or you can call 1-800-952-5253 (TDD call 1-800-952-8349).
How do I get my CalFresh benefits?
- Your benefits will be available every month on a plastic electronic benefit transfer (EBT) card.
- You will be sent an EBT card, or you can pick it up in the office where you applied for CalFresh. You will be able to select a secret code (Personal Identification Number-PIN).
- With the EBT card and your secret code, you will be able to access your CalFresh benefits at any grocery store that has a Point of Sales (POS) device with the Quest logo.
Where can family members of people with an alcohol or drug problem get help?
Contact Al-Anon at (888) 425-2666, help is provided for those concerned about someone with an alcohol or other drug problem.
The Yolo County Cultural Competency team/committee strives to ensure that Yolo County’s commitment to cultural and linguistic competency are reflected throughout the HHSA system, and that staff training and program policies reflect this commitment and manifest racial, ethnic, cultural, and linguistic diversity. The primary goal of this group is to produce, implement and maintain a Cultural Competence Plan which includes the statements of mission, philosophy, plans, policies, procedures and key documents relating to a system-wide commitment to cultural and linguistic competence.
CULTURAL COMPETENCY PLAN
- 2015 Draft Criteria for Cultural Competency Plan
- Competency Plan (2011-2014) - Updated 6/1/2015 to include Plan Attachments
- Cultural Competency Committee Meeting (01/13/2017) 10:30am - 12:00pm Clarksburg Room, Gonzales Building (24 N. Cottonwood Street)
- LGBTQ Pride Month Display (06/10/2015)
- Juneteenth Display (06/10/2015)
- MHSA Wellness Center Asian Pacific Islander Awarness Event (05/12/2015)
- MHSA Wellness Center Cinco de Mayo Event (05/05/2015)
MHSA Program Manager
|Theresa Smith, LCSW
Cultural Competency Coordinator
137 N. Cottonwood Street, Suite 2500
Woodland, CA 95695
M-F 8: 00am – 5: 00pm
Community Partners, Resources & Links
How to Obtain Services
Service triage appointments are offered at the Woodland or West Sacramento office and the LOCUS Tool is used to determine level of care needs. Eligible consumers may be assigned to a variety of services including participation in the Adult Wellness Center, following completion of a more in depth clinical assessment to review needs and determine medical necessity.
To schedule a triage appointment, consumers may call the toll free ACCESS line at (888)965-6647 or walk into the clinic nearest to them. Consumers are asked to bring proof of residency, Medi-Cal card, and/or proof of income for sliding scale fees.