Based on the 2016-2020 Yolo County MCAH Title V Needs Assessment and with support from the MCAH Advisory Board and Fetal/Infant Mortality Review (FIMR) program, the Perinatal Mental Health Collaborative was launched on March 2014 to address the silent crisis of maternal mental health disorders that impact mothers, fathers, children and families in Yolo County.
Promote maternal wellness by developing and maintaining a system of care for Yolo County mothers who are at risk for or experiencing perinatal mood and anxiety disorders.
Activities of the Collaborative
Our collaborative meets monthly to move forward items from our action plan. Action items focus on community awareness, building & maintaining a strong collaborative & conducting a mapping project to identify existing resources and gaps in services/resources. Highlights of meetings are available here.
- January 28 & 29, 2016: Perinatal Mood Disorders: Components of Care
- Live and web based certificate programs are available for those interested in enhancing your knowledge or skills when working with mothers and newborns are available through 2020Mom.
- Recommendations to promote maternal mental health in clinics.
- Recommendations to promote maternal mental health in hospitals.
May Awareness Month
- May Campaign Posts
- Free downloadable posters
- May Campaign activities, including daily messages.
- Blue Dot: The Blue Dot is the new universal symbol for postpartum depression, aka: Maternal Mental Health Disorders. Up to 1 in 7 women will experience symptoms of MMH Disorders before, during and/or after pregnancy. Join us in promoting action and awareness around this issue by taking a photo with the traveling blue dot. Please contact Anna Sutton for additional information.
- Screening for Perinatal Depression (May 2015)
- Onset Timing, Thoughts of Self-Harm and Diagnoses in Postpartum Women with Screen-Positive Depression Findings (March 2013)
- Screening for Postpartum Depression at Well-Child Visits (July 2011)
- American Academy of Pediatrics Recommends Screening for Postpartum Depression (Jan 2011)
- New Jersey's Efforts to Improve Postpartum Depression Care Did Not Change Treatment Patterns for Women on Medicaid (2011)
- Managing Maternal Depression Before and After Birth (October 2010)
- Identifying and Treating Maternal Depression: Strategies & Considerations for Health Plans (June 2010)
- ACOG Committee Opinion: Screening for Depression During and After Pregnancy (Feb 2010)
Steering Committee Members
Center for Famlies
CommuniCare Health Centers
First 5 Yolo
Foster & Kinship Care Education
Kaiser Permanente - Pediatrics
Partnership HealthPlan of California
Postpartum Support International
Winters Healthcare Foundation
Woodland Health Care/Dignity Health
Woodland Police Department
Yolo County Children's Alliance
Yolo County Office of Education/Head Start
Yolo County Department of Employment & Social Services
Yolo County District Attorney's Office
Yolo County Health Services - Alcohol, Drug & Mental Health (ADMH)
Yolo County Health Services - Maternal, Child & Adolescent Health (MCAH)
Yolo County Health Services - Women, Infants & Children (WIC)
Yolo County Health Services - Vital Records
Yolo Family Service Agency (YFSA)