The Yolo County Tobacco Prevention Coalition strives to create tobacco-free environments, tobacco-free generations, and involve tobacco-free citizens for the new century. We are dedicated to preventing and reducing tobacco use through innovative and targeted education, social norm change, and individual empowerment in our culturally diverse county.
The Yolo County Tobacco Prevention Coalition is a group of tobacco-free advocates representing various agencies and the general public. The Coalition meets bimonthly to network, attend trainings, plan activities, review and create media, develop policy activities, and address current tobacco issues affecting our community. The Coalition also acts as the advisory board for the Yolo County Tobacco Education Program, providing input on tobacco control activities.
The Coalition has worked with local government agencies to:
- Protect the public from exposure to secondhand smoke through the implementation of a variety of indoor and outdoor smoking restrictions.
- Establish Tobacco-free sections and sponsorship policies at the Yolo County Fairgrounds.
- Establish the Yolo County Anti-Tobacco Youth Coalition.
- Decrease the illegal sale rate of tobacco to minors in Davis, Dunnigan, Esparto, Guinda, Capay, and West Sacramento.
- Collaborate with the Yolo County District Attorney's Office to provide consistent enforcement of tobacco control laws.
The Coalition is open to all who support the goals and mission of the Coalition. If you would like to become a member, please contact Steve Jensen, Yolo County Tobacco Education Program Coordinator at 530-666-8616.